Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Apple Pie Spice Play-doh


We are still doing APPLE theme activities in my house and on Sunday we did a Sensory play activity. I love making HOMEMADE PLAY-DOH especially when I can change it up for the theme or the seasons. So this time I put a "APPLE PIE SPICE" twist to our regular HOMEMADE  PLAY-DOH recipe. 


The Ingredients you will need to make this PLAY-DOH are:
  • 1    Cup of Four
  • 1/2 Cup of Salt
  • 2    tsp of Cream of Tarter
  • 1    Cup of Water
  • 1    Tbs of Applesauce
  • 1     tsp Apple Pie Spice 
  •        Red food coloring


First mix the flour, salt, cream of tarter, and apple pie spice together in the skillet with the heat off. 


Next mix the Red food coloring in with the water. I mixed 1/2  little bottle of Red food color from the Assorted color box (I used a lot of red because to get the color red you have to use a lot of food coloring because the white color in the flour and salt will turn the PLAY-DOH "PINK" if you use just couple of drops of Red food coloring. Then mix the applesauce in with the water.



 Then pour the applesauce/water mixture into the dry ingredients and mix it together with a whisk. 



Then turn the heat on medium and stir the mixture as it cooks.


Keep stirring the mixture until it forms a ball.


Put the ball of PLAY-DOH on a cutting board and let it cool. Once it has cooled knead the PLAY-DOH until it is smooth. Then it is ready to play with.


I then cut out some leaves out of green felt and cut some brown pipe cleaners for steams so the girls could make some PLAY-DOH APPLES.


I set up some others materials for them and then invited them to play.


First thing they did was smell the PLAY-DOH and told me it smelled liked APPLE PIE.


They couldn't wait to start playing and making APPLES with  their "APPLE PIE SPICE PLAY-DOH".


The girls played for a long time with the PLAY-DOH and enjoyed the smell of FALL to go along with it.

I still have some more APPLE activities planned for my girls this month and having fun doing them. Don't forget to leave me a comment about your favorite APPLE activities.














No comments:

Post a Comment