Friday, February 6, 2015

Valentine's Day: Heart Letter Match

 

Here is a FUN VALENTINE'S DAY: HEART LETTER MATCH activity that I found on childcareland.com (click on the link to take you to the website) to help your little ones with LETTER RECOGNITION. Childcareland.com has so many LEARNING and CRAFT activities for kids with different themes and HOLIDAY material. Go check out her website. I found so many great learning activities from her web page.


On her website she has printables with heart shapes and squares with upper and lower case letters to print. I printed out the HEARTS on color contact paper and the letters on white contact paper. I then glued the letters to the back of the HEARTS and laminated them. You can also make these yourself by making your own HEART shape template in Microsoft word and just writing the letters on the back of the HEARTS with a black SHARPIE marker.


I didn't want to overwhelm Bri with so many letters so I split the stack of letters in half so that she would be matching 13 letters at a time instead of 26. Then I just laid them out just like a regular MEMORY MATCH GAME. When she found the matching upper and lower case letters I would ask her to tell me the LETTER and sound of the letter before she moved on to the next letter. This LETTER MATCH game can be done with a parent but it can also be a LEARNING GAME that the child can do by themselves.

Let me know in the comments below what is your favorite or fun VALENTINE'S DAY LETTER RECOGNITION ACTIVITY. I LOVE seeing new ideas!!

XOXO
RIA

No comments:

Post a Comment