Sunday, February 14, 2016

DIY Glam Dollar Tree Organization Decor


Hello everyone! So earlier this month I shared with you guys a post on how I made Apothecary Jars out of Dollar Tree items.


To see this post click here.

Today I am going to share with you how I filled some of these jars I made for my "Glam Organization Decor".


These are the three Apothecary Jars that I made that I used for this project.


I found these pretty Glam looking ribbons at Dollar Tree and knew that they would look so pretty on the Jars.


I wanted each Jar to have different number of rows of sparkling ribbon so that they could be a little different from each other. So I cut the ribbon to make two rows and one row. For one of them I was going keep the the ribbon as it was with three rows but for the other two I would have two or one row of sparkle ribbon. 


I wanted to add a special touch to each middle of the ribbon on the Jars. I could not find any jewels or gems I liked at Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's. Then I was at Wal-mart and saw these earrings and thought these would look beautiful on the jars.


I used these small Jewelry pliers to take off the hook on the earrings.


I used the smaller pliers to bend the back of the bigger earring to make a loop to loop onto the ribbon.


To glue all these things to the Jars I used E6000 glue which is great for glass projects. This glue also dries clear.

For the tall jar I glued the ribbon as it was and a diamond in the middle. For the second jar I liked the look of one row of  ribbon and the tangling diamonds on it. For the small jar I used two rows of sparkling ribbon and one diamond on it. I also put some sparkling ribbon on the lids as well.


After I finished decorating the jars I then filled them up with things I found at Dollar Tree, which were cotton balls, bath salts, and Q-tips. 


 I also made a green set of Apothecary Jars for my mom.


I filled her Jars with the same contents as well. 

 My mom and I put these jars in our bathrooms and not only do they function to ORGANIZE some of our bathroom contents but it also becomes bathroom DECOR because they look so pretty.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Don't forget to LIKE, PIN, or SHARE this post if you like it and found it helpful.

Also stay tune for future post were I will be sharing more ideas on how I used these Apothecary Jars in other parts of my house.

XOXO
RIA





1 comment:

  1. Easily, the post is really the greatest on this laudable topic. I concur with your conclusions and will thirstily watch forward to your future updates. Saying thank will not just be sufficient, for the great c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Solid work and much success in your business enterprise! Kyani

    ReplyDelete