Thursday, October 17, 2013

Easy to make Salsa (Pico de Gallo)



This recipe is so easy to make because the blender/food processor does the work for you. This recipe actually came about because I was trying to duplicate a salsa recipe that an old coworker of mine used to make. When she moved I had to try to make the salsa myself because I liked it so much. To be honest the first couple of times I tried to make it, it did not come out right. But after a couple of tries I final came up with a recipe that now my family (especially my niece Krystal) always ask me to make. I don't know if this is how my coworker made it but this is the way I came up with.



Ingredients:

  • 2 cans of Stewed tomatoes (Mexican Recipe)
  • 2 Limes
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 Jalapeno
  • 1/4 cup cilantro (leaves only)

Drain all the juice out of the cans of stewed tomatoes and then put the tomatoes in the blender/food processor. Before you add the jalapeno remove the seeds inside it because that is where the heat and spice lives in the pepper. So if you don't like things REALLY  hot/spice remove the seeds.


Peel the onion and chop it, the jalapeno, and cilantro into big pieces and add it to the blender/food processor. Blend everything up. Once everything is blending squeeze the juice of the limes into the salsa and mixed together.


This salsa is good to eat by itself with some chips but sometimes I add cooked shrimp to it and eat it with the chips as well for lunch.


Hope you enjoyed this post. Don't forget to share or pin this post if you liked it. Also leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment