Friday, October 25, 2013

Jack-o-Lantern Pizza


This recipe is easy and cheap to make and the kiddos can help make it! This is a "Pumpkin Themed" twist on a favorite pizza recipe that I grew up eating. My dad was in the army and my mom was a stay at home mom to three kids so she had to be creative on how to stretch the money in the household. Back in the day it wasn't so easy as it is now to save on food so my mom had to get creative with leftovers and what we had on hand to make meals. Just like other kids me and my siblings LOVED pizza but of course pizza wasn't so cheap to buy for a family of five so my mom would create her own "Pizza" with the things we had at home. Here is how to make it.

Ingredients:

  • Sliced bread
  • Left over spaghetti sauce
  • sliced cheese
  • Turkey/Ham lunch meat


 First cut the bread into a pumpkin shape using a cookie cutter and put the spaghetti sauce on the bread.


Then cut the slice cheese into a pumpkin shape with the cookie cutter and put it on top of the spaghetti sauce. Chop the ham/turkey lunch meat into pieces and then use the lunch meat to create your Jack-o-Lantern face.

Put the pizza into the oven @350 until the pizza is toasted and cheese is melted about 5-7 minutes.
That is it!! So easy and cheap to make!
This pizza recipe was a favorite for my siblings and I growing up. Both my girls ate all of their pizza and wanted more. Even Bri (who doesn't like pizza) loved this recipe. You could also add any other topping you want to this pizza and make it to your own liking.

Hope you enjoyed this post. Don't forget to share or pin this post if you liked it. Also leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment