Saturday, October 26, 2013

Musical Pumpkins


This learning activity was inspired by a post I read on www.momto2poshlildivas.com titled Musical Alphabet Game. In the post the mom create a game for her little girl by writing the alphabet on index cards and setting them up like a "Musical Chair" game. I thought this idea was a great way to teach Bri the alphabet and so I wanted to try it but with a "Pumpkin Theme" twist on it since I could use my pumpkin foam cutouts that I already had from the Alphabet Pumpkin Hunt game that I create for Bri.

Materials you need:

  • Pumpkin Foam cutouts
  • Sharpie/ Black marker
  • Music
Write the alphabet and numbers on the pumpkins

Put the Pumpkins in a circle.

Start the music and have your child walk on the Pumpkins

When the music stops have your child tell you the letter/number and the sound of the letter they stop on. Bri is still learning her letters/numbers so if she didn't know the letter I would tell her.

Bri enjoyed the game more when there were only a few pumpkins left so she could jump from pumpkin to pumpkin.


Keep going until there is no more pumpkins left.

With this game your child learns letter recognition, letter sounds, number recognition, and also practices their gross motor skills.

You can do this game with numbers, shapes, or even site words.

Hope you enjoyed this post. Don't forget to share or pin this post if you liked it. Also leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the post!






No comments:

Post a Comment